Day 13: Setting the Bar
DAY 12: SETTING THE BAR
The first week of the course was understanding where your baseline is with body image, food, movement, happiness, and so on. You got a very good sense of what issues brought on struggle, which made you feel joyful, and where you’ll need to spend a little more time on to work through some issues.
Self-acceptance happens on two fronts: the day-to-day actions that build it and the space you give yourself to “level up” to it, so to speak. Today’s activity (and Week 2 in general) will be more on practicing self-acceptance—and you get to set the bar.
TODAY YOU’LL SPEND TIME CREATING UP TO THREE PERSONAL GOALS YOU’D LIKE TO ACHIEVE DURING THE MTLCourse TIME-FRAME.
You can make one, two or three goals—your choice. You'll then use PicMonkey (from scratch this time) and create your personal goals poster. Share, comment on others, be excited for your goals.
What should a goal contain?
- An actionable step you can do within the remaining time-frame of the course
- Aligns with your permission slip
- Feels like a bit of a challenge for you (nothing grand or sweeping, but nothing too simple either)
- Is not a “to stop doing X,” instead more open and positive, like “Do Y each day”
- Something you will feel very proud of when you achieve it/actively work on it
A few examples could be:
- Attend your first yoga class
- Wear X, which you've always wanted to
- Learn how to make a new dish from scratch
- Create time in your day for just you, even 5 minutes
- Start a mindfulness practice each day
- Say “That’s not true!” whenever a body-myth lie emerges in your mind
Keep the group updated and posted on how you’re doing. Ask for what you really need (ideas? advice? someone to listen only?). These goals will be important steps to integrating self-love and acceptance into your daily life. Have fun with them!