Day 20: Declaration of Health & Happiness
DAY 20: DECLARATION OF HEALTH & HAPPINESS
* If you have not completed Day 18 “Worthiness,” please do so before you work on Day 20.
You deserve to have health and happiness right now, in your body, in your mind, without feeling like you need to change first. This is why I created the More To Love Course—to help you discover what brings you happiness within your body, and focus on that, not on all the things your body is not. Change naturally flows from an attitude of love and gratitude for your body and self, so start with that in mind, and over time, your body will reflect the lifestyle you have.
TO HELP THAT PROCESS ALONG, YOU’LL CREATE A NEW DEFINITION OF WHAT IT MEANS PERSONALLY FOR YOU TO BE HAPPY AND HEALTHY, WHICH WILL BE AN ENDURING TESTAMENT TO YOUR SELF-LOVE. TODAY, AIM TO CARVE OUT 15 MINUTES FROM YOUR DAY TO FOCUS ON THIS ACTIVITY AS IT’S BROKEN DOWN INTO 2 STEPS:
Review your previous entries for the activities, paying special attention to Day 1 (Permission Slip), 2 (Small Beautiful Details), 13 (Setting the Bar), and 18 (Worthiness), as these are more core to your process of self-acceptance. Pay attention to themes in your daily activities.
Work through the following questions:
- I feel happiest with my body when _____.
- I feel healthiest when _____.
- When I am feeling less-than in either, I promise to [list out what your plan is].
- Create a poster using PicMonkey, or whatever tool you like, and share your Declaration with the group.
Here are some examples to help, based on my own declaration:
- I feel happiest with my body when I know I have treated it well through fitness, food, and enjoyment.
- I feel healthiest when I exercise regularly and openly share my feelings with trusted people.
- When I am feeling less-than in either, I promise to return to the basics of what I know makes me feel grounded, which is writing, working out, and talking through my feelings.
These declarations become your personal road map and go-to guide for when you need extra support with self-acceptance and confidence. Because they come from you, you are far more likely to stand by them than following someone else’s advice. So make time today to give yourself (and future self) this very important and powerful gift.