Day 19: Self-Care at Home
DAY 19: SELF-CARE AT HOME
Creating relaxing, soothing, and peaceful spaces and moments at home is delightful. Not only does it save you time and money, it also allows your home to feel more energized and calming.
TODAY, CREATE YOUR OWN SPA-EXPERIENCE AT HOME. REALLY SAVOR THIS ONE, AND SHARE WITH THE GROUP WHAT YOU DID OR ARE PLANNING TO DO.
Here are some ideas if you’re needing inspiration:
- Take a bubble bath. Turn off the main light and use tea lights, and pop on the relaxation station on Pandora.
- Give yourself a mani-pedi, and don’t skimp on the massage part!
- Write in your journal all you’re thankful for.
- Spend an hour before bed reading quietly with some hot tea.
- Try restorative yoga, using whatever pillows and blankets you have.
- Practice mindfullness meditation, and do a full body scan.
- Devote an hour to something creative, like writing, art, or crafts.
- Clean your face well, and maybe even do a skin regimen.
- If you like smoothies, find a new recipe, head to the market for some ingredients, and enjoy
- Go for a long walk in a place you don't enjoy often - a park, nature reserve - and breath in the fresh air
Whatever you choose, make a point to remain still and peaceful. I find one of these acts on a Sunday is a refreshing way to end the weekend and begin the week.