Teach for More to Love Yoga
Come teach yoga with More to Love!
More to Love is looking to build a substitute list to help teach More to Love Yoga classes.
More to Love’s mission is to educate and inspire body acceptance for plus size people through yoga classes, workshops, additional programming and more. More to Love Yoga is a unique blend of body-positive yoga instruction, enabling them to safely learn yoga and feel empowered on and off the yoga mat.
As a representative of More to Love, you must be committed to creating and maintaining a welcoming, non-judgmental, non-competitive space for people of all body-types and sizes to experience body-positive yoga. You should have experience – either personal or trained – with teaching larger bodies in yoga, including the creative use of props and verbal-guided adjustments to make poses suitable for various body sizes.
Currently, More to Love Yoga classes are held in Somerville, MA at in shared community center. Additional opportunities to work alongside Rachel Estapa may arise.
- minimum of 200 hour yoga training from an accredited yoga school OR are currently enrolled in a credentialed program,
- 3+ years of a regular, personal yoga practice
- Ability to lead a well-balanced hatha yoga class, emphasizing body-awareness and intuitive-directed yoga
In addition to core requirements, teachers should also have…
- experience teaching diverse populations, especially older, yoga beginners, and those working with more specialized limitations
- a strong body-positive approaches to yoga and wellness
- a warm, welcoming, and positive attitude
- reliable transportation means to studio location
- set-up/break down yoga studio space as needed (on-site supplies provided)
- check-in all pre-registered students with a friendly demeanor
- promote More to Love programs
Compensation: To be discussed upon initial conversation
Note: More to Love support the diversity of body-types and people with larger bodies are encouraged to apply.
If you’re interested, please complete the form below to set up a call/meeting with Rachel.